Next, let’s look at the Cumulative HDDs for Manhattan from 2014 – 2017 using 55⁰F as the Balance Point:
- 2014 (green) was the most severe heat season, finishing up with 2883 HDDs for the year.
- 2016 (purple) was the mildest heat season, finishing up with 2229 HDDs for the year.
- 2017 (pink) is trending closely to 2016 and will be another relatively mild heat season.
Next, let’s look at the HDD data on a month-by-month basis instead of cumulative:
- The coldest months with the most HDDs for each year are highlighted in (red). Your fuel consumption should be highest during this month.
- The warmest months in the heat season with the fewest HDDs are highlighted in (green). Your fuel consumption should be lowest during this month.