The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Service company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
We are currently seeking a motivated Accounts Payable Analyst to join our growing Accounting & Finance team. This person will report directly to the Accounting Manager, Operations and is based in our Corporate Headquarters in Long Island City.
We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail oriented, able to take on multiple projects and would like to grow with the Company. This person will also establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships within Finance, Operational Departments and our third party vendors.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
– Validate vendor invoices vs. purchase orders for accuracy and entering into the accounting system
– Prepare support packets for bill payments
– Resolve discrepancies between vendor invoices and item receipts
– Submit credit applications with new vendors
– Facilitate credit card payments to vendors when necessary
– Scan supporting documentation into electronic filing system
– Maintain AP ticketing system – ticketing system used to track AP request from internal and external customers
– Process and review purchase orders
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Associates degree or higher with Accounting concentration
– Proficient in Excel
– Analytical, motivated, organized and confident
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– High energy and able to handle large volume of task
Preferred Skills (PLUS but NOT required):
– 1-3 years of relevant experience
– Experience processing accounts payable: invoices, POs, checks/payments, goods receipts
Benefits and Perks:
– Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance
– 401(k) plus company match
– Generous paid leave and holidays
– Company-paid life insurance
– Extensive on the job training provided with career advancement opportunities
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.