The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Services company founded in 1925. We provide water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance, electrical services, and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
We are currently seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant for our Mechanical Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the office support team with tasks related to scheduling and dispatching of our Mechanical work. This in-office role is based in Long Island City, NY.
Role and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Handling and processing service requests
· Assisting in scheduling and dispatching of the team’s work
· Communicating with our sales team and customers regarding scheduling and completion of their work
· Coordinating with the Field Team and Technical Team for any needed information
· Assisting with material orders
· Demonstrated track record of excelling in a fast-paced environment where the ability to multi-task is essential
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Capable of working in a team environment
· Best-in-class customer service
· Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook/Word/Excel
· Background knowledge of mechanical or HVAC systems would be a benefit for a candidate in this role, but is not requisite
- Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan including company match
- Paid holidays & generous paid leave
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Career advancement opportunities
Position being filled immediately. The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.