The Metro Group, Inc. is a water treatment and mechanical sales, service and installation contractor. An industry leader for over 95 years, we specialize in the multi-family residential, institutional, and commercial market sectors. Metro provides services, repairs, installations, retro-fits, conversions, and equipment sales for thousands of large-scale HVAC systems and water-based process systems throughout the Eastern seaboard.
Headquartered in Long Island City, NY, Metro operates the largest fleet of service vehicles for its market sector in its target urban market places, including over one hundred service vehicles aimed at the metro-New York City market place.
We are seeking qualified candidates to fill a newly-created Executive Administrator role, reporting to the CEO. This position is ideal for a highly-capable, high-functioning and experienced individual looking for schedule flexibility while at the same time working on multiple, important, and engaging assignments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Conduct communications and coordinate schedules with various external entities or persons on behalf of CEO and carry forward various initiatives on behalf of the CEO
· Read, summarize and comment on various documents for review by the CEO
· Prepare information and data for reports and meetings
· Research topics on behalf of CEO to further business initiatives and goals
· Help prepare presentations for meetings, including PowerPoint decks
· Provide various administrative review and support functions
· Miscellaneous other short-and-long term projects as requested
· Attend and support CEO in various meetings at CEO’s request; take meeting minutes as requested
· Help research, plan, book, and advertise company events, such as team-building outings
· Help manage CEO’s calendar and set meetings
· Handle catering for on-site events and meetings
· Archive and preserve significant Company milestone/historical documents, photos, and events
· Book travel arrangements such as hotels and flights for CEO, training sessions, and others
· Screen meetings, phone calls and other forms of communications at CEO’s direction
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in any field
· Work or educational experience with progressive levels of responsibility
· Prior experience either as a former managerial/ executive leader or as an Executive Assistant/Executive Administrator
· Demonstrable proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
· Efficient multi-tasker
· Self-starter able to work with little-to-no direct supervision
· Energetic and flexible
· Excellent, reliable written and verbal communication skills
· Polished, professional presentation
- $85,000+ bonus, commensurate with experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Generous paid leave
This full-time role will require approximately 25 hours/week in the office, ideally 9am-2pm, with a requirement for remote availability before and after in-office hours. The office hour schedule will be mutually agreed upon with the selected candidate, so this position is ideal for someone interested in a flexible work schedule.
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.