The Metro Group, Inc., located in Long Island City, is currently looking for a HVAC Mechanic/Technician for their Mechanical Division. The position is a full-time, permanent position with union entrance and company benefits. Job specifics will involve assisting or leading a crew in repairs, modifications, or installations of various components of HVAC systems; specifically, cooling towers and the installation of water treatment chemical feed and control equipment.
Characteristics of a qualified applicant include:
– Experience in HVAC and associated plumbing systems
– Basic plumbing/pipefitting experience including sweating and soldering pipe, dry taps, and pipe installations
– Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
– Agreeable and self-motivated team member, takes initiative
– Enthusiastic in taking on assignments and responsibilities, willing to learn
– Detail oriented, pride in their work, focus on quality
– Clear communication skills
– Capable of working in a professional environment and providing great customer service
– Capable of following company policies and procedures
– Ability to meet physical requirements of position
– Valid driver’s license
– High school diploma or GED
– Applicable industry training and certifications (i.e., OSHA 30-hr, EPA 608 Certified, F60, etc.) are desired
Additional responsibilities could include:
– Driving a company vehicle
– Lifting tools, materials and equipment.
– Performing other miscellaneous tasks to support the operation, when needed. For example, assisting on other job types, doing material pick-up and deliveries, etc.
Job type: Full-time, permanent employment with union entrance, competitive pay and stable, steady work Monday through Friday with overtime opportunities.
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.