We are seeking candidates to fill an IT Help Desk Intern position to support users company wide. Key responsibilities will include maintaining and supporting all printers, workstations while gaining exposure to servers. Additionally, this position will support onboarding and offboarding of all company personnel including equipment preparation, connectivity, remote setup, and system access. This position will require a dynamic professional that’s able to adapt and manage a wide range of technical responsibilities.
• Assisting employee users with all IT-related issues and providing desktop support across a distributed workforce with multiple offices (remote support for those outside of NYC)
• Setting up and closing all hardware and software IT requests for new/departing employees, including rolling out desktop or laptop, cell phone, desk phone, and personal scanners/other peripherals
• Troubleshoot connectivity issues on wired, wireless, and mobile connections.
• Correctly prioritizing and troubleshooting issues reported by users for timely resolution, escalating to management/outside vendors when required
• Completing licensing, PC, and other hardware maintenance
• Maintaining inventory for IT-related consumables
• Assisting IT team with research and special projects
• Create a positive, satisfying customer support experience.
SKILLS – EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
A successful Information Systems Intern will have the following:
• Local College student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year College or technical school, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems.
• Ability to dedicate 20-40 hours per week.
• Experience putting together computers from scratch.
• Must have working knowledge of Windows OS and Office products (Word, Excel, etc)
• Must have excellent communication and prioritization skills with an emphasis on customer service & satisfaction
• An appetite to learn
• Basic Windows Server administration experience, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, print servers a plus
• Basic virtual machine administration experience (specifically VMWare) – configuring, resizing, deploying, decommissioning a plus
• O365 and Azure administration experience a plus
• Basic networking and firewall setup and maintenance experience a plus
• Scripting experience with PowerShell / batch scripting, PERL, Python, etc. a plus
• General “can do” attitude to undertake dynamic changes in workplace.