The Metro Group, Inc., located in Long Island City, is currently looking for a motivated Skilled Insulator for their Mechanical Division. The position is a full-time, permanent position with company benefits. Technician must have experience cutting, fitting, and installing pipe insulation and the components of insulation systems in an industrial setting.
Characteristics of a qualified applicant include:
- Valid driver’s license
- Adheres to all applicable insulation and City codes
- Practices and follows all OSHA and Company Safety policies and procedures using protective equipment such as: gloves, safety glasses, suit covers, mask etc. (company-provided)
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position
- Agreeable and self-motivated team member
- Enthusiastic in taking on assignments and responsibilities, able to take instructions from a supervisor
- Detail oriented, pride in their work, focus on quality
- Clear communication skills
- Capable of working in a professional environment and providing great customer service while on a job-site
- High school diploma or GED
Additional responsibilities could include:
- Driving a company vehicle
- Lifting tools, materials and equipment.
- Performing other tasks to support the operation, when needed. For example, assisting on other jobs, material pick-up and deliveries, etc.
Full-time, permanent employment, competitive pay, benefits, 401K, and stable, steady work Monday through Friday, 7:30AM to 4PM with the opportunity for overtime.
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.