The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Services company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance, electrical services, and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients, but most importantly, with our employees.
We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic and data driven Marketing Director to develop, implement and manage strategic marketing plans, companywide. The ideal candidate is a self-driven leader with a demonstrated track record for contributing to the development of strategy and spearheading various marketing programs that will support strategy, business objectives, and lead acquisition, foster customer retention, enhance business development, provide sales support and increase service & brand awareness. This role will be based on site at one of our Metro NYC area offices- Long Island City, NY or South Hackensack, NJ and will report to the CEO.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
– As a key member of The Metro Group’s Executive Team, responsible for strategically positioning and growing brand awareness and customer affinity to align with company strategic goals and to drive growth
– Oversee the design, presentation and evolution of company website, Customer Portal and digital media presence to ensure alignment with company strategy and drive growth
– Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers, and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
– Whether self-performing or aligned with external resources, the Metro marketing function will assume responsibility, management, and oversight for:
o Company website and digital media presence, and execution of company SEO/SEM initiatives and activities
o Social media and advertisement across all media platforms (print, Google AdWords, radio, etc.)
o Creation and execution of email programs for customers and reporting on results
o Creation, editing and publishing of content (text, images, videos, etc.) to grow engagement / followers on digital/ social media
o Develop a social media calendar to reflect company’s goals, customer needs and special announcements or information
– Working jointly with business unit leaders, the marketing function will:
o Assure seamless management and transition of incoming leads into an effective sales pipeline process
o Report metrics and ROI on marketing, advertising, sales pipeline, customer satisfaction and other data to ensure positive and metric-driven outcomes for marketing efforts and investments
o Develop sales, promotional tools, and educational materials to facilitate improved sales force effectiveness
– Maintain and optimize marketing budget
– Ensure positive and metric-driven outcomes from marketing efforts and investments
This is a hands-on role supported by one additional marketing professional. Effective management and development of this individual is a key element of this role, as is the deployment of work and management of outside resources as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in Marketing (or related field) with 10-15 years relevant experience demonstrating growth in achievement and organizational responsibility as a marketing professional
– Strong project management and organizational skills; deadline and detail-oriented
– Experience supervising and developing direct reports
– Expert ability to work collaboratively across functions to drive execution, with the ability to obtain stakeholder buy-in on new, complex, or challenging ideas
– Innovative with excellent written and oral communication skills; networking ability
– Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
– Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office software and skills in all the following: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, all major social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
Benefits and Perks:
– Competitive compensation
– Excellent benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, plus 401(k) with company match
– Generous paid leave and company holidays
– Company-paid life insurance
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.