The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Service company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance, electrical services, and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
We are currently seeking qualified Estimators for our large and growing Mechanical Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for estimating maintenance, treatment, and repair work on mechanical, HVAC heating and cooling systems. The role is based in Long Island City, NY.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Mechanical Foreman, Product Specialist, and technicians to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely quotes, as well as our account management team to ensure best-in-class customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Preparing cost estimates and proposals, including review of information collected during the field Survey, collecting pricing from vendors, accurately identifying labor requirements, etc.
· Accurately and comprehensively understanding the scope of work and customer requirements in order to develop a Proposal in line with the desired project outcome
· Coordinating with the Field Team and Technical Team for any needed information
· Timely and professional submittal of Bids
· Coordinating with the operation to relay information captured during the estimating phase as well as reviewing job approach and implementation, as needed
· Educating and providing technical support to our sales team and Customers
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Good at prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
· Analytical with strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook/Word/Excel
· Background knowledge of mechanical or HVAC systems themselves would be a benefit for a candidate in this role, but not a requisite
- Additional Quarterly Bonus Pay available
- Excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan including company match
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid holidays + Paid Personal Time Off
- Company paid life insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- All company expenses covered
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year