The Metro Group, Inc., a successful, established Water Treatment & Service Company is seeking qualified candidates to join our HVAC Water Treatment and Water Hygiene Management division. Building Solutions for our clients since 1925, Metro is one of the oldest, most established Water Treatment companies in the business and also one of the fastest growing. Metro has the largest water treatment service fleet in New England and is one of only two water treatment companies in the country to have an in-house Laboratory with CDC Elite and ELAP certification for Legionella testing.
As part of our Management Training Program, we are seeking a motivated Field Service Technician Career Advancement candidate that is looking to acquire trade skills and is eager to establish themselves within a company that values fostering continued career growth. This position requires no prior experience in the water treatment field. The selected individual will receive on the job training, servicing a portfolio of accounts in New England. Successful individuals will advance to further Sales, Technical and Management opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
– Build lasting client relationships by promoting Metro’s value-added suite of building solutions
– Responsible for service/testing/sampling of heating and cooling systems
– Apply and manage chemicals needed to treat systems
– Provide and report any feedback of findings to the Service/Account Manager
– Complete required information on service orders
– Operate company vehicle to commute from job sites throughout the shift
– Study/train for industry certifications and licenses
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Proof of a valid driver’s license, in good standing
– Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
– High energy, self-motivated individual with entrepreneurial aspirations
– Reliable, self-starter displaying a consistent work history with excellent work references
– Excellent customer service and communication skills
– Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with a commitment to responsiveness and customer/co-worker satisfaction
– Strong desire for long-term employment and industry training & development
A successful candidate will possess some or all of the following qualifications:
– Field Service Experience
– Customer Service and Account Management experience
– Sales experience with a track record of success
– Degree in Business, Chemistry, Engineering or related field
Benefits and Perks:
– Great Benefits package including medical and dental insurance
– 401K Retirement Plan
– Paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off
– Extensive on the job training provided with career advancement opportunities
– Competitive salary with additional bonus and incentive structure tied to meeting business unit objectives
– Take-home company vehicle
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.