The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Service company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance, and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
We are currently seeking a motivated Software Engineer that is looking to establish themselves within a company that values fostering continued career growth. This position will work in Metro Group’s Information Systems Department, implementing solutions by developing and deploying code meant to solve real world business problems. The successful candidate should be a dynamic professional with a “can do attitude” able to adapt and manage a wide range of technical and business responsibilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Maintain and improve a variety of existing web applications
- Develop and deploy quality of life enhancements for proprietary, in-house systems (.NET, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, JS)
- Automate manual processes to streamline workload for existing staff
- Identify potential opportunities for process improvement and report automation using SSRS, external data sources, and other resources – while executing changes to systems with little to no impact
- Create ad-hoc SSRS reports as requested in a timely and accurate manner for management (prepare and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports)
- Set and execute personal biweekly JIRA sprints to further IS team goals
- Monitor incoming issues and resolve bug tickets in a timely and accurate manner
- Help backfill for IT when necessary, such as troubleshooting technical issues with printers, servers, and user workstations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent work experience, or equivalent training from four-year College or technical school, preferably in Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Computer Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- OOP language experience (C#, Java, C++ – minimum 1 year)
- Web Programming experience w/ HTML, CSS, JS (minimum 1 year)
- SQL experience (1 year), specific to Microsoft SQL Server (a plus)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create / work with Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and similar functions.
- Scripting knowledge in Perl, Python, PHP, Visual Basic and/or Windows batch scripting
PREFERRED SKILLS (PLUS BUT NOT REQUIRED; WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON):
- AngularJS knowledge
- Macros and VBA
- Node/Express JS knowledge
- VM and/or Cloud Administration experience
- React/React Native knowledge
- CI/CI Pipelines
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Excellent Benefits package including medical and dental insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan including company match
- Weekly “Company Values” Spot Bonuses
- Paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off
- Company-paid life insurance
- Extensive on the job training provided with career advancement opportunities
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.