Licensed Electrical Services
In 2020, The Metro Group joined forces with Response Electric, one of NYC's preeminent licensed electrical contractors. For 37 years Response Electric has been a trusted resource for any and all electrical needs. From complex new construction projects to simple outlet installation, the Response Electric division of The Metro Group can be trusted to complete the job professionally, on-time and on-budget.
Generator Maintenance and Testing
Emergency generators must be maintained properly to perform as designed. Installing an emergency generator is an excellent way to protect against unplanned and unsafe electrical downtime. However, with out proper maintenance and testing, an emergency generator could fail you when you need it most. A typical generator maintenance and testing service includes:
General Maintenance (twice annually):
- Perform an initial assessment of the generators overall visual condition.
- Check all fluid levels and engine crankshaft/start ability.
- If conditions are acceptable, start and run the generator to operating temperature and test engine performance.
- Engine oil and coolant lab samples collected and analyzed.
Testing (once annually):
- Test automatic transfer switches’ ability to transfer electricity to building load.
- Monitor and record 30 minutes of load data at 10-minute intervals to confirm AC output from generator.
- Certificate of Operational Fitness will be issued if testing confirms generator is working as designed.
A written report with site inspection check sheet details, fluid sample reports, and any repair recommendations will be issues after each visit.
- Generator batteries should be replaced every two years. If your generator’s battery is due to be replaced, we will do so automatically.
- Blackout testing allows trained electricians the ability to simulate a real black out to ensure your generator powers the equipment you deem essential during a blackout.